Wednesday, February 18, 2009

wow... quick summary and maybe I'll catch up later

Wow, I'm really behind on this. To sum up the past couple of weeks: two Fridays ago we went to the Alps to go skiing/sledding/hiking. I chose sledding; I almost sledded off an edge, but instead I ran into a wall. I thought I might have sprained my wrist but I just hyperextended it.

We had more classes, they've been going ok. I had two tests, one in German and one in my seminar. I got a 97 on the German test and a 100 on the seminar test. And I got an A- on the reflection essay (which is basically me "reflecting" on the trip while keeping a certain theme in mind--I could choose the theme. It was terribly written. To Emily Inglis and Hope Wright: it had as much thought put into it as an Alexander Technique paper. For an academic class. And it got an A-.)

Thursday and Friday we were in Geneva. We went to 5 different presentations, including four by various UN offices and one by the WTO (World Trade Organization). Conclusion drawn from this: the UN still doesn't have much power.

This week of classes has been going well--I have two tests tomorrow, one in German and one in my Regions of the EU class. Should go well, I studied today. I also have to give a presentation on Baden-Wurttemberg, the Land that I live in (like a US state, sort of). I had to bake a cake to go with it because we're supposed to bring something in and I though Black Forest Cake would be good. It's actually some sort of Danube Waves cake, but oh well. We're near the Danube.

I've got to run because my friend is dragging me out tonight. And in case anyone is worried about my test grades suffering, please don't. My first class is at 10:45 and I have a whole lunch break to review. Besides, what's the point of being able ot drink legally if you don't do it?

PS: I'm going to Istanbul, Turkey this weekend with my friend Andrew. It should be an adventure. I'm going to Asia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment