Sunday, March 15, 2009

Meg's visit and the beginning of the pictures

The wine-tasting was pretty cool--for whatever reason, I didn't like any of the red wine. At first I thought maybe I just wasn't a red wine person, but then I recalled one night at WM where I tried about 7 different red wines and liked them all. Maybe it was just the mood I was in. I certainly liked the white wines. We also tried ice wine, which you can look up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_wine. It was super, super sweet. It was good to try but I don't think I'd like to drink it in any large quantity.

And when I got back from the wineyard, Meg was here!! To sum up what we did, we went to Staufen (and the castle there, which I didn't climb up to when we hiked here the first time), another soccer game in Freiburg (which Freiburg won in the 87th minute!), Basel twice (where I found a store that sells brownie mix, mac & cheese, and frosting, as well as a Domino's!!), and otherwise just chilled around Freiburg. On Thursday, we had a class field trip to Strasbourg, France. For whatever reason, I was just not that excited, but it was a cool little city. Had I been in a better mood, I think I would have really liked it. We got to watch part of a session of the European Parliament, which I really enjoyed as well.

Now I'm working on uploading pictures to facebook. I'm about a month and a half behind. It's taking forever and a day, so I'm afraid that for now you'll have to make do with the first soccer match and part of the trip to Tallinn.

Soccer match #1: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2010124&id=1222890044&l=6384a175dc

Tallinn, Estonia: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2010127&id=1222890044&l=6e04ec246f

1 comment:

  1. The very best German wines Rhines (brown bottles) or Moesels (green bottles) never make it out of Germany. I all gets drunk by the natives or visitors.

    ReplyDelete