Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eurail Pass

I'm trying to figure out which Eurail pass I should buy. And I should buy it soon so I can get free shipping. So what I'm looking at is a limited pass, like 8 or 10 trips over a certain period. Countries I'm interested in include: Germany (obviously), France, Italy, "Benelux" (Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg all count as one). Those are the main ones, and I can get a pass that gets me those four countries. I'd also like to see the rest of Europe, but I don't think I can afford to just whirl around the continent. I'm also looking into cheap flights around Europe. Mainly, I'm thinking about where I want to go and why. Like, I want to go to Italy so I can visit the Vatican (!!!), I want to go to France so I can go to Paris and then perhaps on to London. I'd also like to Amsterdam, and to Denmark (another country, mainly to go to Copenhagen).

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it. Basically, how big of a pass should I get? What countries should I include?

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't decided yet, just wait until you know for sure, then get it shipped to someone in the States and have them ship it to you in Germany. That's what I did.
    And the Vatican is awesome. I think students get in the Sistine Chapel for free on Fridays or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would I have to pay customs on it then?

    ReplyDelete