Monday, January 19, 2009

homework

So, we had our first classes today. They gave us the option of taking a slightly harder German 101, which I elected to take. I figure I'm not getting credit for the German anyway, and even if I were, I'd just be getting transfer credits, not credits towards my GPA. And I know a tiny bit of German (more than a bunch of people). So I'm in German 101 Section B, which is harder than A and C.

Then we had our seminar. The three people I've spent most of my time hanging out with (Andrew, Matt, and Daria) are all in B and I'm in A. When the director described how the groups (A-D) were divided up, B had the most IR experience, D was business people, C is those without IR experience, and B was a little less IR experience or the leftovers. I'm a little nervous about the people in my class. I was the only one who, when we were asked, knew who went to EU Summits (head of government and foreign minister from each member country). So I'm nervous that it won't be as hard or interesting as B would have been. I feel like it's arbitrary, because Andrew and I are both in the same department at the same school, and we're in different groups.

I'm also a little worried about who's in the class with me. There's "The Tom," the obnoxious guy who was in Freiburg last semester for the other Freiburg program who seems to get drunk a lot. There's also "The John," who just seems obnoxious. Luckily, though, "The John" seems to know his stuff. I'll take smart and obnoxious over obnoxious and a "funny guy" anyday. There just seem like there are a lot of personalities in the class that I don't feel like dealing with. We'll see how it goes. I have homework tonight for both classes, so that should be fun (not). Maybe I'll be better about doing homework this semester than I was last semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment